Fail-Safe DV Lottery Photo Tool
Easy-to-Use Green Card Photo Tool
The United States of America is a dream destination for many. If you’ve ever wanted to live the American dream, you have probably heard of the Diversity Immigrant Visa program. Becoming a winner of this lottery, you'll get a United States Permanent Resident Card that allows you to live and work in a favorable environment. Sounds appealing, doesn't it?
Well, here comes the hard part. Once you have set your mind on moving to the USA, you’ll need to prepare all the necessary papers along with a proper photo. But what are the requirements for the picture? How can you make one to be sure that it fits all the criteria? In this article, we’ll be looking at the standards that your DV Lottery photo should comply with. Besides, we’ll show you a convenient Green Card photo tool - will help you get the perfect picture that is sure to get accepted by the notoriously strict U.S. Department of State.
It doesn't take much time to make your Green Card lottery picture if you use Passport Photo Maker. This convenient DV lottery photo crop tool automatically resizes and crops your photo according to the standards set by the Department of State as of 2023. Rest assured that your picture will be accepted, as it is proved by hundreds of satisfied users of this software.
How to Use DV Lottery Photo Size Editor
You no longer need to use pricey photo salon services or photo booths to take a photo for the Green Card lottery. With Passport Photo Maker, a convenient ID photo editor software, you can create a perfect picture right in the comfort of your own home. Let’s have a closer look at how this program works.
- Step 1.First, you need to take a photo of yourself either with your camera or even your cell phone. Once you’re done, open your picture in Passport Photo Maker.
- Step 2.Pick the USA from the list of countries, then choose the Diversity Visa Lottery template.
- Step 3.The software will do the cropping automatically, all according to the DV Lottery requirements. All you’ll have to do is to click Next.
- Step 4.If your picture calls for it, you can slightly tweak its brightness and contrast. You can even change the background color to meet the standard.
- Step 5.The final step is to save your photo. Click Save Photo to File - here you’ll be able to set the size of your photo. Your picture should not exceed 240 KB.
DV Lottery Photo Requirements
Since winning the Green Card lottery might be the turning point in your life, it is only natural to approach the application process carefully. That’s why it’s important to know all the requirements to make a proper photo.
Here are all the DV Lottery 2023 photo requirements:
- The photo must be no older than 6 months and must reflect your current appearance
- The image should be in the JPEG format (24-bit color depth)
- The maximum DV lottery photo size is 240 KB
- The image resolution should be 600 by 600 pixels
- The photo must be clear, sharp and with sufficient contrast
- The subject must directly face the camera with a neutral expression and both eyes open
- The facial region size must be between 50% and 69% of the image’s total height
- The subject’s full face must be completely visible without any shadows or falling hair
- The photo background should be plain white or off-white
- No head coverings or hats are allowed unless they are worn for religious reasons. In this case, your full face should be clearly visible. Your headwear should not cast a shadow on your face
- You are not allowed to wear eyeglasses in your picture unless your medical condition absolutely requires you to (in this case you are expected to provide a medical statement signed by a medical professional or health practitioner)
Basically, you won’t need to memorize all the sizes and dimensions, since Passport Photo Maker will crop your picture according to the standards. All you’ll have to do is to take appearance guidelines into consideration.
If you prefer some visual aid, then be sure to check examples of acceptable and unacceptable DV Lottery photos provided by the U.S. Department of State website.
DV Lottery Photo FAQ
- What is the photo size for the DV lottery? If you are entering the Diversity Visa Program online, your photo should have a resolution of 600 by 600 pixels. If you have been selected for the Program, you should bring two identical pictures sized 2 x 2 inches (or 51mm x 51 mm) to the interview.
- Can I use the same photo for the DV lottery? No, this is against DV Lottery photo requirements. If you use a photo you already submitted for previous Lotteries, your entry will be disqualified. So you’ll need to use a new photo taken within the last 6 months.
- Can I smile in a Green Card photo? No. Since the Green Card photo requirements state that your face expression should be neutral, a big smile is something you should avoid.
Why You Should Try This DV Lottery Photo Crop Tool
Well, now you know how to make a sure-fire DV Lottery picture with Passport Photo Maker. But that’s not all this smart ID photo generator is capable of. With it, you can prepare flawless pictures for virtually any document - a passport, a driving licence or a visa to a popular country of destination.
Just open your picture in this software, apply a certain ID template and you get a picture that will comply with all the strict criteria. And all you’ll have to do is to click a couple of buttons!
Now you have learned how to create your photo for the DV lottery, we sincerely wish you good luck and hope that you will use Passport Photo Maker software for preparing a photo for the U.S. passport!