10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP
Thank you for this excellent software and all the hard work you put into it! Our photo studio staff mastered the program in a flash, no training was needed. There's plenty of features that are extremely useful for a business like ours, smart layout printing and order statistics among them.
Malcolm Barrows, Salt Lake City, USA
I struggled with some other ID photo makers until I stumbled upon this stunning software. Everything works like a dream, the interface is cute and easy to use. Changing background and clothes are really helpful to make any photo perfect.
Ellie Stonebridge, Bath, Great Britain
Australian Passport Photo Requirements
Are you planning to get an Australian passport or visa? This means you need to prepare all the necessary documents, including photos. You need to know Australian passport photo requirements so that your application will pass verification successfully. In this guide, you will find current Australian passport photo sizes and recommendations. Besides, you will learn the ultimate trick to make the right photo without any problems.
Make professional passport and visa shots with Passport Photo Maker!
Australian Passport Photo Specifications
A passport and visa photo must fit a plethora of strict criteria. Providing a photo that does not meet these requirements may slow down the processing of your application. So, let's refresh our knowledge of the Australian visa passport photo size requirements.
- The photo should have been taken recently
(within the last 6 months)
- Dimensions of the face from crown to chin are 32x36 mm (1,25x1,41inches)
- The required format is 35x40 mm (1.37x1,57 inches) wide and 45x50 mm (1.77x1,96 inches) high
- Good resolution, without 'red eye'
- Plain grey background with no distractions
- Uniform lighting with no reflections or shadows
- Face looking directly at the camera and not turned in any direction
- Hair off the face so that the edges of the face are visible
- Mouth closed, eyes open
- Neutral expression without smiling or frowning
Australian Passport Photo Rules: Dos and Don'ts
According to the Australian Consulate, there are a few additional Australian passport photo rules and guidelines you should follow. Here're some more specifications you need to know to make a suitable photo:
- Picture should be taken by a high-quality camera.
- The distance from the camera to subject is 1.2 meters minimum
- Retouching is not permitted (adjust brightness or contrast only)
- Scars or wrinkles can not be removed
- If glasses must be worn for medical reasons - frames and reflections must not obscure the eyes
- Facial piercings, such as nose rings and studs must not cause a reflection
- No hair or head covering across the face ( except religious head coverings)
- High quality, glossy photo paper for prints
- Scanned photos are not permitted
You can visit the Australian passport office official website to check some photo samples for reference.
Australian Passport Baby Photo Standards
Taking a photo of a child is not easy. The dimensions and proportions for baby's photos are not different from photos of adults and the shots must comply with most of the requirements above. Fortunately, kids’ photos have several exceptions. The list of permissions and prohibitions is as follows:
- For children under three, open mouth in a photo is acceptable
- No other person in the frame is excepted
- No other objects like toys are permitted
- The head should not be lowered
- The child's body should be pointed directly at the camera
How to Use the Australian Passport Size Photo Maker
Preparing a high-quality photo for an Australian passport or visa can be a difficult process. Is there a way to meet all this long list of requirements without wasting time and money on spoiled photos? Certainly, just use Passport Photo Maker. This software will help to simplify the process of creating ID photos and meet all the standards. Passport Photo Maker is a smart and multi-functional program with a user-friendly interface and easy navigation. It was developed for all categories of users, both for beginners, and for professional photo studios looking to expand the scope of their services. Want to know how to make an Australian passport or visa photo? Just follow this guide.
Once you install and launch Passport Photo Maker, upload your picture. Then select the document type. This passport photo generator’s database contains a large number of different templates, including passports and visas for different countries, such as the USA, European countries, Oriental countries, etc. The program detects facial features and automatically cuts the photo to fit the requirements. If necessary, adjust brightness and contrast of your pic or remove the red-eye effect. Even if you took a photo in the wrong clothing, just try on a new outfit from a digital wardrobe. As soon as you finish editing photos - print them on any size of paper or save them as JPG or PNG for online application. That’s all you need to get Australian passport or visa shots! It's not so difficult, is it? Now you can create professional photos for documents easily with Passport Photo Maker.
Make perfect ID photos in a blink. Download Passport Photo Maker for free!
Australian Passport and Visa Photo FAQs
- How do I get an Australian passport photo?
- Do Australian passport photos need to be signed?
- Can I take my own Australian passport photo?
For one thing, you can go to a photo studio. You can take a shot in the photo booth, or you can simplify the process and do everything yourself using special software.
The new online adult passport application doesn't require the photo to be signed. The photo endorsement is only applied to the paper application form which you can get them at the post office.
Of course, you can. Taking your passport photos by yourself is cheaper and faster. There are a lot of different apps and PC software. We would suggest using Passport Photo Maker. It’s a handy program with useful tools. With it, you can crop your pictures to fit many ID formats, replace the background, and print your pictures in a zero-waste mode.